Wednesday, May 26, 2010

FAREWELL FRIEND



This is my first blog, EVER. So I must dedicate my words to Cailin, a beautiful goddess of light and love. This AMAZING(hahhahaaa it's amazing!) soul became part of our family the past few weeks. She is returning home to Jersey this morning and I can't even begin to describe how much we will all miss her. Not only is she a Siren, she is a talented chef. We have shared food, kava, meditations, music, smiles and lots of laughs....... pure joy! Gathering good people together at the Edinburg compound or now "ashram" has been the highlight of recent nights.




There is an undeniable shift in community recently and I couldn't be more greatful. Grouping together a collection of spirits with a variety of passions and talents. I recognize the beauty that we all hold within ourselves, and lately everyone has been on fire.




Through the many meals we have shared, Cailin insisted that I should be blogging my recipes. This is gonna be fun. When I make something, it generally begins with whatever I have in my fridge..... usually don't have guidelines or specific recipes, just create healthy, healing, vibrant raw food. Its my art, I love to incorporate a variety of colors and flavors. I have found that the most satifying meals for me begin with the eyes, making a meal is like a painting.... bright green arugala, sweet yellow corn, fresh shredded orange carrot, blood red beet, shavings of purple cabbage.... and then of coarse topped off with a dressing that covers all aspects of taste: sweet, sour, salty, and savory.




Here is my most recent dip/dressing that I can't get enough of:




DILL-ICOUS


2 tbl tahini


3 tbl olive oil


1/2 cucumber


1 bunch dill


4 cl garlic


1 lemon


1 tea sea salt


*and most important ingredient LOVE




Blend




Play around with the measurements... creating different cosistencies, thicker is amaaaaaaaaaaaazing as a dip.... using cucumber or celery as crackers :)




ENJOY




paz y amor


brieeeeezy

1 comment:

  1. love love love your new blog!!! cant wait for all the wonderful recipes to come!

    ReplyDelete